It’s Halloween, and we have some spooky stats 🎃to share with you.
If you’ve been in business for more than a year, chances are you know about the importance of local search marketing.
However, if you’re like most small businesses out there, you probably haven’t put much time or effort into your local strategy yet because it seems overwhelming and complicated.
But the truth is that local search is very effective, results don’t come overnight but your presence and in turn your organic search results will improve over time. In contrast, if your leads are coming from Google Ads, the phone stops ringing the minute you cease your ads campaign.
Local marketing is a powerful tool for businesses—and it’s not just about getting more customers or sales. Local marketing can help increase foot traffic, build brand awareness and loyalty, find new employees or partners for your business, and much more!
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page of google search results – What can you do about it?
- Do you run a local business serving a particular location? Google Insights found that 76% of of people who search for a business nearby visit within 24 hrs
- 18% of local searches result in a purchase within 24 hrs.
- In 2020, 93% of consumers used online searches to find a local business
- 42% of local searches involve clicks on the Google Map Pack.
- Local and organic seraches together make up 69% of overall digital traffic.
Google Business Profile, formerly known as Google My Business is more important than ever, A GBP profile complements your online presence and gives your business a better chance of appearing in the Local 3 Pack on Page 1 of Google.
- A well-populated GMB listing can significantly improve a business’s local SEO ranking.
- Customer reviews are displayed under your GMB profile, giving your business social credibility.
- A recent Google report found that 60% of smartphone users contacted businesses directly through the GMB interface using the “click to call” option.
Don’t let these scary marketing stats come back to haunt you. 👻
Are you petrified at the thought of creating content?
Companies that blog receive 55% more traffic to their website than those that don’t.
- Great content is one of the best ways to drive traffic to your website. Search engines love good content and if you can answer the questions your typical customer is asking then the magic will happen. 47% of consumers view 3-5 pieces of content created by a company before talking to a salesperson. What are you waiting for?
- Sure, it is a commitment and if you don’t have the skills in-house there are options to outsource. Check out our recent “Content is King” blog for some inspiration.
- Do some brainstorming, survey your customers, run a poll, and find out what their pain points are. Before you know it you will have lots of great ideas ✨ for your content calendar.
- 80% of major purchases start with online research, even if the purchase itself happens in a store. Potential customers who find your content during their research are more likely to buy from you.
88% of visitors won’t return if their first website experience leaves them uninspired.
When did you last check how your website looks on mobile devices? A bad mobile experience, as well as a slow-loading website, is one of the main reasons visitors bounce off a website.
Bounce rates increase by 103% if your website takes 2 seconds extra to load.
This handy tool Speed insights tool from Google will run a report on your website domain. Hopefully, you won’t find any howlers.
Enchant with great reviews
76% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personnel recommendations.
Do you ask your customer for reviews?
“When you listen, you learn something new.” Dalai Lama
If you need convincing that you need to have a steady flow of reviews, look no further.
- 97% of people read reviews of local businesses.
- When searching for a local business, 60% of customers check Google Business Profile for reviews.
- 92% of B2B customers are more likely to buy after reading a trusted review.
At Marketing4You we can help you to create a bespoke local marketing strategy for your business.
Local marketing is affordable and effective so creating regular updates, fresh content, and photos along with a steady flow of positive reviews will ensure the Grim Reaper does not come calling.
If you would like help with any of the above topics click Here to Book a Free 30-minute consultation.